Romantic Valentine's Day treat for the special love in your life
February 14th is looming once again and so it's time to think about this year's romantic gesture for that special person in your life. Although we all want to surprise and delight our Valentine on the 14th, it's not always easy to come up with the perfect Valentine's Day surprise especially in these challenging economic times. So to help you we have put some ideas together to make sure that your Valentine is won over by your romantic gesture.
Cosy cottage break for two
What could be more romantic than a cosy cottage for just you and your loved one this Valentine's Day? Heading off together for some time alone and away from the stresses and strains of day to day life is the perfect tonic for any relationship, whether you are in a new romance or are a couple in their 10th, 25th or 50th year together! A Valentine cottage break lets you set your own pace and do your own thing, whether it is chilling out together indoors or exploring the countryside on romantic walks by the river, sea or countryside.
Valentine's breaks to suit all budgets
What's more, a cosy cottage break doesn't need to be hugely expensive as the romantic gesture can be a simple overnight stay, a Valentine's weekend break or a longer stay - the choice is entirely yours. You can also choose between cosy cottages, luxury apartments and wooden log cabin which all provide their own style of romance.
Romantic touches - Log fires, hot tubs, four poster beds
Surely there is nothing more romantic than curling up with your Valentine in front of a roaring log fire in an evening. A wood fire encaptures the romantic mood, making your cottage or apartment cosy and with the perfectly romantic flickering light and absorbing flames.
Romance combined with ultimate pampering, surely that is a perfect mix? Unwinding in your own hot tub, enjoying a glass of wine while looking at the stars and chatting with someone special is a great way to spend time together and is a perfect romantic holiday choice.
For a little bit of added luxury that shouts romance, why not stay in a cosy cottage with a four poster bed.
Where to head for a Valentine's Day Cottage Break
The UK is not short of great self catering accommodation which can make choosing a little harder so we have selected cottages and apartments that are perfect for Valentine's inspired romantic breaks in some of the prettiest parts of the UK.
- Romantic breaks in South Devon. South Devon, the English Riviera and the South Hams offer stunning coastlines, sweeping rivers, golden sandy beaches, rolling countryside, quaint fishing villages and so much more. A perfect romantic escape whether you are looking for coastline, countryside or a place to chill out. Find romantic breaks in South Devon
- Romantic breaks in the Lakes. As one of the most beautiful areas of the UK, there is no better place to take your Valentine than the Lake District. With High Peaks, Open Fells and of course the great Lakes and rivers the landscape is there to be explored or just appreciated from your romantic cottage or lodge. Find South Lakeland Valentine breaks
- Peak District romance. An area of outstanding beauty covering parts of Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire, the Peak District provides great natural beauty in the form of moors and dales. Of course there are several famous stately homes nearby for a visit. Find romantic cottages in the Peak District
- Romance in the Yorkshire Dales. A drystone cottage is Yorkshire in The Dales, surrounded by the patchwork of fields and glorious countryside is an idyllic and romantic break. The Dales has some wonderful towns and villages to explore as well as tea rooms to chill out in. Cottages in the Yorkshire Dales
- Romance in the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds is a favourite holiday destination for good reason, with its famed Cotswolds honey-coloured limestone cottages set in the beautiful rural countryside it is a visual feast. The phrase 'picture-postcard villages' was invented for it. Cottages in the Cotswolds
- Romantic breaks in the Norfolk Broads. On the east of the UK, the Broads waterways wind their way through the delightful Norfolk and Suffolk villages. Whether you are on a boat or staying close by the Broads are a romantic setting for any break. Cottages in the Norfolk Broads
- Romance in the Brecon Beacons. If you are looking for a romantic place there is nowhere better than Wales, and the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia provide heart warming scenery that will inspire the romance in everyone. Cottages in the Brecon Beacons
If these locations are not quite right for you don't worry, you can search for romantic cottages and apartments across the UK. Search for Romantic Cottages in England, Scotland and Wales
Valentine's romance, don't forget the...
Of course if you are heading for a romantic break there are a few other things to organise to make it truly special and memorable.
- Flowers. Well, if it is Valentine's romance you are after you can not forget the flowers for your loved one. Traditionally red roses are a favourite for Valentine's day but all flowers demonstrate thought and love. See romantic flowers
- Wine and Champagne. For those cosy night in make sure you have some champagne and wine to celebrate and enjoy yourself with. See wine and champagne
- Chocolates. Who doesn't like chocolate and for those cosy nights in front of the fire what could be better. See chocolates
- An extra surprise gift. Leave a lasting impression with another small gift such as earrings, necklace, lingerie or designer perfume. See perfume and cosmetics or lingerie
If you are looking for a Valentines gift then check out some great offers at Help Me Shop which has everything you could possibly need including perfume, flowers, gifts and champagne.
More Holiday Ideas for you to consider
If you have found this holiday article interesting, why not take a look at some of our others.
Cheap Family Cottages
Popular Scottish cottages
British & Irish County Shows
Working Farm Breaks
Brighton Festival and Brighton Fringe
City Breaks in England
Luxury Cottages in the Lake District
English Championship Golf Courses
Luxury Cottages in Suffolk
Luxury Cottages in Norfolk
Sussex Holiday Guide
Holiday Attractions in England
Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Luxury Cottages in Cornwall
Grade II Listed self catering
Scottish Holiday attractions
Glyndebourne Opera Festival
School Summer Holidays
Thatched Holiday Cottages
English Blue Flag Beaches
Family Fun in Dorset
Top Selling Scottish Cottages
Scottish Championship Golf Courses
Best Selling Irish Cottages
Top 5 Castles
Secret Suffolk Cottages
Norfolk Country Cottages
South Devon Coast & Country
Internet Accessible Cottages
Top 5 British Seaside Holidays
British Sporting Events
Customer Review and Feedback
Lake District self catering
Best deals on a Summer holiday cottage
Scottish Castles and Country Estates
Cornish cottage holidays
Mid Devon Holiday Cottages
Gardens to Visit
East Devon Cottage Holidays
Dorset Cottage Short Breaks
The New Forest & Hampshire Show
Devon County Show
Mothers Day Weekend Breaks
Father Days Cottage Breaks
Easter Family Breaks and Holidays
Romantic Valentines Day Treat
Cosy Cottages for an Easter Break
St Davids Day Short Breaks in Wales
St Patricks Day Cottage Breaks