Golfing Breaks and Holidays near Scottish Championship Golf Courses
If you have dreamed of playing a round of golf on one of the Scottish Championship Golf Courses you can make it a reality. In Scotland we have a superb selection of Championship golf courses so whether you are keen to try your hand at playing the course or just want to see the professionals up close then its time to visit an Scottish Championship Golf Course.
For those looking to make the most of their stay we have added useful links to self catering cottages and apartments close to the golf courses in Scotland whether you are looking for a luxury golf holiday or a budget golfing break.
Championship Golf Courses in Scotland
Scottish golf has some World renowned Championship golf courses which have seen big tournaments including The Open and the Ryder Cup. Below we have listed some of the well known Scottish Championship golf courses with some great self catering accommodation close by so you can make the most of your stay.
- Carnoustie Golf Course. Carnoustie is in Angus, East Scotland. It has three courses - Championship par 72, Burnside par 68 and Buddon Links par 66. Visitors may play Monday to Sunday and Bank Holidays with booking required. Find self catering cottages close to Carnoustie Golf Course
- Muirfield Golf Course. Muirfield is at Gullane in East Lothian. It has 1 course - the Muirfield Golf Course is a Par 70. Visitors may play on Tuesday and Thursday. Booking is required as is a handicap certificate and there is a dress code. Find self catering close to Muirfield Golf Course
- Marriott Dalmahoy Golf Course. Marriott Dalmahoy is in Edinburgh, Scotland. It has 2 courses - East Course par 73 and West Course par 68. Visitors may play Monday to Sunday and Bank Holidays. Booking is required as is a handicap certificate and there is a dress code. Find self catering near Marriott Dalmahoy Golf Course
- St Andrews Links Golf Course. St Andrews is in Fife, Central Scotland. It has 5 courses - Old Course par 72, New Course par 71, Jubilee Course par 72, Eden Course par 70, Strathyrum Course par 69 and Balgrove Course (9 holes) par 301. Visitors may play Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (excluding Bank Holidays). Visitors wanting to play the Old Course must contact the Club for details, the other courses can be played but must be booked 1 month in advance, a handicap certificate and there is a dress code. Find self catering close to St Andrews Links Golf Course
- Gleneagles Hotel Golf Course. Gleneagles Hotel is Auchterarder in Perth and Kinross. There are 3 courses - Kings Course par 70, Queens Course par 68 and PGA Centenary Course par 73. Visitors can play but booking is required. Find self catering close to Gleneagles Hotel Golf Course
- Royal Troon Golf Course. Royal Troon is at Troon in South Ayrshire, South West Scotland. There are 3 courses, Old Course par 71, Portland Course par 71 and Craigend Course 9 holes. Visitors can play Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Booking is required as is a handicap certificate and there is a dress code. Find self catering close to Royal Troon Golf Course
- Westin Turnberry Resort. The Westin Turnberry Resort can be found at Turnberry, Ayrshire, South West Scotland. There are 3 courses - Ailsa Course par 69, Kintyre Course par 71 and Arran Course 9 holes par 31. Visitors can play Monday to Sunday and Bank Holidays. Booking is required as is a handicap certificate and there is a dress code. Find self catering close to Westin Turnberry Golf Course
Planning a Golfing Break or Golf Holiday?
If you are planning a golf break with family or friends then there is a great choice of golf courses and locations across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Whether you are looking for a Championship Golf Course or something a little more accessible and may be cheaper there is a lot to choose from. To help you we have a list of cottages and self catering that is close to golf courses in England, Scotland and Wales.
Budget to Luxury in Self Catering Cottages, Apartments and Lodges
If you looking for a golfing break then there is some great self catering accommodation that will save you a lot of money in comparison to a hotel or B&B. A cottage, which can sleep any where from 2 to 20, provides a home from home experience and there are plenty of luxury cottages if you fancy something a little different.
Another good self catering option is an apartment.... but don't be fooled these are no boring flats, you will find lots of luxurious apartments that are just the place to unwind after your round of golf.
Finally it is also worth considering a holiday lodge. Now while this may conjure up an image of a cold caravan, nothing could be further from the truth. The lodges and log cabins you will find on this site offer quality comfortable accommodation for anything from 2 to 10 people..... a budget cost but not budget accommodation.
More British Championship Golf Courses
Britain is blessed with many great Championship Golf Courses, check out some more:
The Open Championship, Golf's British Open
The British Open is held on an English or Scottish links golf course every year in July, the only golfing major held outside of United States. Find out more about the The Open Golf Championship.
More Holiday Ideas for you to consider
If you have found this holiday article interesting, why not take a look at some of our others.
Cheap Family Cottages
Popular Scottish cottages
British & Irish County Shows
Working Farm Breaks
Brighton Festival and Brighton Fringe
City Breaks in England
Luxury Cottages in the Lake District
English Championship Golf Courses
Luxury Cottages in Suffolk
Luxury Cottages in Norfolk
Sussex Holiday Guide
Holiday Attractions in England
Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Luxury Cottages in Cornwall
Grade II Listed self catering
Scottish Holiday attractions
Glyndebourne Opera Festival
School Summer Holidays
Thatched Holiday Cottages
English Blue Flag Beaches
Family Fun in Dorset
Top Selling Scottish Cottages
Scottish Championship Golf Courses
Best Selling Irish Cottages
Top 5 Castles
Secret Suffolk Cottages
Norfolk Country Cottages
South Devon Coast & Country
Internet Accessible Cottages
Top 5 British Seaside Holidays
British Sporting Events
Customer Review and Feedback
Lake District self catering
Best deals on a Summer holiday cottage
Scottish Castles and Country Estates
Cornish cottage holidays
Mid Devon Holiday Cottages
Gardens to Visit
East Devon Cottage Holidays
Dorset Cottage Short Breaks
The New Forest & Hampshire Show
Devon County Show
Mothers Day Weekend Breaks
Father Days Cottage Breaks
Easter Family Breaks and Holidays
Romantic Valentines Day Treat
Cosy Cottages for an Easter Break
St Davids Day Short Breaks in Wales
St Patricks Day Cottage Breaks