Self catering at Adipit Cottage Buckland Brewer in Devon
More about Adipit Cottage
Adipit Cottage is a two bedroom cottage situated near to the town of Bideford, within the North Devon countryside. The cottage is set within five acres of grounds which are home to chickens and sheep who are looked after by the owners of the property.
Internally, the property is traditionally furnished with a cottage style feel which includes a woodburner within a stone fireplace. Externally, guests can enjoy the garden and patio area, along with taking in the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
Life in Bideford has historically been based around river life with a thriving import and export industry during the 16th Century with several street names and a hill named in honour of Sir Walter Raleigh. Away from the charm of the town itself, the surrounding area is where you will find the true beauty of the region. Take inspiration from the acclaimed novel Ã¢â‚¬Å“Tarka the OtterÃ¢â‚¬Â and set out on a section of the 180 mile long Tarka Trail, which is both cycle and walker friendly.
There are a selection of unique family attractions in the area sure to entertain those of all ages, including the Big Sheep in Bideford, home to sheep racing and dog and duck trials. For thrill seekers, BidefordÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Milky Way Adventure Park offers an all-inclusive day of family fun with Roller coasters, indoor play areas, regular shows and a gruelling assault course.
A welcome treat on arrival of a cream tea and 6 fresh eggs produced within the grounds on which Adipit Cottage is situated.
Please note: This property accepts bookings of a Saturday - Saturday changeover in July and August. Short breaks are accepted outside of these months as long as they do not overlap the changeover day.
Please note: A cot, high chair and stair gate are provided for family bookings.
- Furnished with two arm chairs, three seater sofa, CD/radio player, woodburner inset into a stone fireplace and a bookcase with a selection of books.
- Features a Samsung TV with DVD player and a selection of board games and DVDs.
- Kitchen is complete with an electric double oven, hob, fridge freezer, washing machine and dryer.
- Full range of utensils and appliances including a microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere.
- Gas central heating throughout.
- Dining area includes a pine table with four matching chairs and windows with extensive countryside views.
- Furnished with a double bed, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Also features a two seater sofa, arm chair, TV with DVD player and dual aspect windows the to front and rear of the cottage.
- Furnished with twin beds, single wardrobe, chest of drawers, a bedside cabinet with lamp and a CaptainÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s chair.
- Bathroom features a wc, wash basin, bath with power shower over, mirror and shaving point.
- Off-street parking for two cars.
- Set within five acres of grounds which include chickens and sheep who are looked after by the owner.
- Within six miles of the town of Bideford and five miles of the nearest beaches at Westward Ho!
Information for young families
Adipit Cottage is family friendly self catering.
We have the following details listed regarding Adipit Cottage accommodation accessibility but we would recommend that you always confirm these prior to booking with the owner or operator.
Close to Adipit Cottage
Adipit Cottage is a great base to explore the wonders of Devon and you will find plenty of activities near by.
Finding Adipit Cottage
Adipit Cottage is at Buckland Brewer, Devon. Check out the map below for directions, use the controls to zoom in.
Have Your Say....review or comment on Adipit Cottage
Adipit Cottage has a 4 star rating, do you agree?
If you have stayed at Adipit Cottage why not add your thoughts, comments, pictures to our Facebook page? Don't forget to add the name/town/page link to your comment so its attributed to the correct place. Please keep it polite, we are sensitive souls!
Fully booked or not what you are looking for?
If Adipit Cottage in Devon is booked when you wish to go there or is not quite what you are looking for then don't fear, there are plenty of other self catering cottages, apartments and lodges available in Buckland Brewer and the surrounding area. Start your search right here:
- Self catering cottages and apartments in Buckland Brewer
- Self catering cottages and apartments in Devon
- Self catering cottages and apartments in South West England
Find Cottage Holidays and our Holiday Partners
Find Cottage Holidays works closely with independent cottage owners and leading holiday travel operators to provide you the widest choice of self catering accommodation across England. Adipit Cottage in Devon is available through: Blue Chip Holidays.
Blue Chip Holidays was founded in 2000 as a provider of luxury self-catering holiday accommodation in and around The English Riviera in South Devon. As a small, family run company, Blue Chip Holidays are large enough to cope, yet small enough to care.
Where to go, what to see, what to do...
If you are heading to Devon then check out our guides to local holiday attractions, gardens to visit and county shows to see.
Weekend breaks, short breaks, holidays
We have thousands of holiday cottages, apartments and lodges for you to choose and are just perfect for a quick get-away or your summer holiday.
Inspiration, discounts & offers
Check our our blog for some great holiday ideas and the latest deals and special offers from our holiday partners.